Click to Enlarge
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is provising funding of £150million oper annum until 2020 to provide new and substantial primary school sprt funding. The funding is being jointlwypriovided be the department for education, healthand culture, media snd sport, and will see money going directly to headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.At Abbey Hulton Praimry School we will receive approximately £8000 plus an additional £5 per pupil.
Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School’s Sports funding page.
Schools will have to spend their funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
At Abbey Hulton Primary School We use our funding for the following:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/Sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
The Governors agree that the money must be used so that all children benefit regardless of their sporting ability. It is important that we use this money wisely. We will continue to place high priority on our PE provision and as such have invested in additional staffing/coaching and resources to further enhance their curriculum PE and extra-curricular sports during lunchtime and after school clubs.